The Bedford Historical Society
The Keepers of History...
Coming on April 30, 2016 The Northeast Ohio Local History Fair is a collaborative effort to bring the local history societies, museums and organizations to the public for a one-day, educational event. Our hope is that both the public and the participating organizations learn from each other and more importantly, have FUN doing it!
The Bedford Historical Society is located in Bedford Ohio. The Society
maintains four historical structures: A general Americana museum, 12,000 volume
library and archives is located in the 1874 Town Hall; the 1832 Hezekiah Dunham
House is furnished to reflect three critical periods of occupancy; the 1892
former Baptist Church has a restored sanctuary reflecting the early Protestant
Sunday School design of architect Jacob Snyder. These three structures are
owned by the Society and are listed on the National Register of Historic
Places. Additionally, the Bedford Historical Society maintains a 1920s
passenger rail station in restored 1882 train depot.
Membership in the Bedford Historical Society is open to anyone with an
interest in history.
The Town Hall Museum is open to the public on:
We welcome you to our website! Whether you are researching Marble or Taylor Chairs, Walker China, family history or you're just curious we hope we can be of service to you. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Our team will do our best to find the answers you're looking for.
We work hard to provide free or affordable programming for our community and we are proud of what we've built over the past sixty years. We hope you will check out one of our many events or programs happening every month. For a list of current programming or upcoming events, please see our newsletter.
Again, welcome to the Bedford Historical Society and we hope to see you around the museum or in our inbox!
· Christmas Card 2015
· Updated Museum Store catalog Dec 2013. New items, Support the museum and give someone a wonderful gift.
· Reasons for joining the Museum in 2015.
· Membership letter, support the Society.
· Endowment Fund, support our future, Michael Romito 2014 update.
· In Memoriam Endowment Fund 2012-2014, Gifts to the endowment fund.
· We now accept all major credit cards for the Museum Store, memberships and donations! Please stop by or call the museum to access this great addition to the Society!
· You can now purchase a Memorial Brick to be placed on Bedford Public Square.
· New Book 2012 Bedford and Bedford Township. Now available.
This website and all contents is © 2016 Bedford Historical Society All rights reserved.Bedford Historical Society · PO Box 46282 · Bedford, OH 44146-0282 · (440) 232-0796